Are you looking for a job as a Core Network Engineer? Do you take initiative, do you like to solve puzzles and explore the limits of the best mobile network of the Netherlands? Then T-Mobile is looking for you!
T-Mobile International is one of the largest telecom providers in the world. Around the globe, over 77 million people use our mobile services. T-Mobile is part of Deutsche Telekom and has its own networks in many European countries as well as in Asia and the United States. These networks allow our clients not only to make telephone calls, but also to send SMS, MMS, and email messages and to use the Internet. In the Netherlands we are known as T-Mobile Netherlands BV. We are a young organization with over 1000 employees, and with approximately 3.5 million active clients we are number three of the largest network operators in the Netherlands. We are searching for a Core Network Engineer to support our Core Network engineering department.
The high level organizational model applied is the “Think, Build and Run” model The goal of the department, which is also the end-2-end process owner of the Capacity and Performance Management Process of the Mobile core network, is to fulfil the solution and design component for the Mobile Core network elements of the “Think” pillar in that model. The Mobile Core network elements include
o Circuit Switched core elements (e.g. MSS, MGW, etc…),
o Packet Switched core elements (e.g. SGSN, GGSN, MME, etc…),
o IMS core elements (e.g. x-CSCF, MMTEL, SBC, etc.)
o Subscriber data management elements (e.g. HLR, HSS, MNP, EIR, etc.)o Signaling core elements (e.g. STP, DRA, etc…)
For this department we are looking for a Core Network Engineer
- Deliver solutions (i.e. functional designs (HLD)) for the core network elements, where the solution should cover all the impacted core elements.
- Translate the solution (HLD) into a technical design (LLD) and create the related work packages for implementation. She/he will pro-actively re-evaluate existing Low Level Designs and strive for simplification and Automation
- Create technical and functional test documentation for the delivered/designed solution describing: prerequisites for testing, what to test, how to test and expected results
- Updates the core network solution documentation and keeps the overall high level design and network topology documentation up to date.
- Stay updated with the equipment vendor’s HW roadmaps and changes to the existing features and functionalities
- HBO or University level through education;
- Strong problem analysis/solving skills;
- 3-5 years work experience in Core Network Engineering, with knowledge on Huawei, Nokia and Oracle core network equipment is preferred;
- Fluency in English is required and Dutch is preferred, strong verbal and written communication is essential.
- Pro-active attitude; Challenger mentality, eager to learn and always wanting to improve.
- Identifying problems; recognising significant information; making connections between data; tracing possible causes of problems; investigating relevant data;
- Complying with organisational policy and/ or procedures; seeking confirmation from the proper authorities in case of ambiguous or changing circumstances;
- Continuing to perform effectively when facing time pressure, adversity, disappointment and opposition
T-Mobile offers a good salary and excellent secondary employment conditions. T-Mobile considers personal and functional growth and development of vital importance, which is why we offer a wide range of training opportunities. Working for T-Mobile means working in a challenging, dynamic environment, with a network of highly qualified colleagues. In close co-operation with your superior you can shape your career within our organization. Career paths are set out in a transparent manner and may be of a national or international nature.SOLLICITEER