T-Mobile is not just an ordinary telecom company. As part of Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile holds an important position in the field of mobile internet. We connect people by offering the fastest 4G network to our customer every single day. With over 1450 enthusiastic colleagues we ensure that our customers can keep in touch with their loved ones and their business contacts. No matter where they are, super-fast and hassle free.
The Accounting Operations department is part of the Finance community in T-Mobile and consists of 17 employees. The department is in a transition phase that goes with substantial changes and interesting projects. We are looking for an experienced finance professional who is able to cope with this transition phase and who likes to work in a fast paced environment after the transition phase.
Goals of the position
Goal of the Accounting Operations department is to ensure the accuracy, completeness and reliability (actual accuracy) of the financial numbers of T-Mobile through adhering the compliance and legislation and accounting regulation. The Financial Accountant ensures the realization of the goal and strategy of the department. The main goals of the position are:
- To align the financial processes with the business processes
- To manage the risks in all these processes
- To perform complex financial analyses and
- To coach and mentor the less experienced staff.
The position has the following main result areas:
- incorporate a risk approach towards all operational processes within his/her responsibility area in line with the Company’s control framework and the higher management risk appetite
- ensure the execution and implementation of proper financial controls and financial analyses on the Company’s financial results
- provide steering information to Management Teams at several levels in the organisation and manage the relationship with stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- manage the technical accounting of commercial (value streams) and accounting projects and acts as a project manager when needed
- supervise and improve daily operational activities within his/her responsibility area and processes and give mentoring and coaching to less experienced colleagues
- ensure that accounting and administrative processes run efficiently and effectively by initiating and implementing (in coordination with IT Support) automation and digitalization projects.
- ensures that accounting policies are adhered to in line with Group Accounting Manual.
We are looking for a Financial Accountant who:
- has enterpreneurial skills to challenge him/herself to explore new territories
- has strong analytical skills to coop and understand the operational processes
- challenges his/her colleagues and brings a skill set to coach professionals
- is decisive and takes matters into his/her own hand
- considers major versus minor issues and deals with changing priorities
- remains calm in an hectic environment
- creates a pleasant work atmosphere
- cooperates with and supports his/her clients in business
Our ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
- Master or Bachelor degree in Accounting or other relevant fields
- Working experience minimum 10 years. Less experience years are only acceptable with the minimal required functional know-how.
- Experienced professional with knowledge of financial accounting, IFRS and Dutch GAAP
- Minimum required functional know-how is to bridge the technical and operational accounting and bridging accounting with controlling views on sensitive topics, such as the revenues, market invest, net working capital, cash flows and indirect costs and other material financial numbers.
- Sector knowledge less relevant if sufficient competences are in place. These competences are analytical skills, knowledge of SAP, Oracle databases are preferred.
- Management experience is preferred (on operational level).
- Experience with implementation of (technical) accounting projects as well as automation projects of administrative and/or accounting processes is a preference.
- Gained experience in researching accounting issues and drafting position papers
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Dutch
What will we offer you?
T-Mobile offers a good salary and excellent secondary employment conditions. T-Mobile considers personal and functional growth and development of vital importance, which is why we offer a wide range of training opportunities. Working for T-Mobile means working in a challenging, dynamic environment, with a network of highly qualified colleagues. In close co-operation with your superior you can shape your career within our organization. Career paths are set out in a transparent manner and may be of a national or international nature.
For more information please contact Tim van Rijk – Tim.van.Rijk@t-mobile.nl.